Monday, January 21, 2008

Martin Luther King Day

Kristy and I went to see The Great Debaters today, for Martin Luther King day--it's really powerful, I recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Also, Barack Obama delivered an AMAZING sermon at Dr. King's old church yesterday, in honor of Dr. King's birthday. Whatever anyone thinks of his politics, I hope there isn't anyone in the US today that doubts the power of Obama's rhetoric, or his speaking abilities. I have never heard another living politician that has the sincerity to truly to be inspiring the way he is. This man makes me proud to be an American.

Check out the text or video of the speech here.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Me too. As you know, that man is in my prayers. So are you--also knew that, didn't you? My woman-of-mystery-ness is quickly waning.

Eric said...

Rolf - I just found your blog through facebook. You look like you have some good stories...I just noticed the bodily fluids one, but I'm excited to come back and read more later. We have a blog as well: thesoelbergs.blogspot.com. Do you mind if we add you to our blogroll of friends?

BTW, I think Obama is great. I enjoyed the CNN debates tonight.

Eric

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

girl with freckles said...

you should update your blog at least biannually.